14 March 2013

handmade stamps.

For Christmas I received a really cool make-your-own-rubber-stamp kit.  During the past two months I have used nearly all of the rubber to make seven great stamps.  I'm saving the last bit of rubber for when I get an extra special burst of inspiration.  I love that I was able to make so many different stamps out of 4x6 inches of rubber.  The stamp I made are pretty versatile and can be used together, which I sort of planned.  To be honest, these are not the greatest quality stamps and since they don't have a wooden backing, they can be a bit tricky to use.  Their best quality is definitely that I got to design them myself.  They're not perfect, but I think that's charming.
I got excited one evening and made a bunch of 3x4 cards for project life.
If this sounds interesting to you, I definitely recommend this kit.  It's inexpensive and easy to use (with helpful directions) and the process of carving is rather fun.  In a couple hours the other evening I carved four stamps and made about 10 3x4 cards.  It's simple and inspiring!
Here's a little peak at some new items coming to the shop next week:

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.